With Removable Neck Mechanism, This Acoustic Guitar Easily Folds or Assembles in Seconds
Journey Instruments® launched in 2012 with Overhead series collapsible ergonomic acoustic travel guitars. No longer do you need to buy an expensive guitar flight case to have a great guitar when you travel by air. These collapsible travel guitars employ a patented removable neck mechanism for complete assembly in 20 seconds! They employ a thicker Manzer© wedge body that makes them super ergonomic and results in a surprisingly big tone for such a small travel guitar body. If you’re looking for a backpacker acoustic guitar, a carry-on travel guitar, or just a great-sounding small-bodied acoustic guitar that’s a joy to travel with, look no further.
Black Matte Carbon Travel Guitar
The Overhead™ black matte carbon fiber travel guitar collapses to a carry-on size of 22*14*9 inches! It assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system, and our patented soundboard technology and all-carbon construction create a durable instrument with massive tone. A full 24.5-inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width, best-in-class components, and a wedged ergonomic design make this the most enjoyable guitar you’ll ever play! Tri-piezo pickup and a full-featured TSA compliant carry-on backpack included.
- OF660M. Black matte carbon fiber travel guitar
- Patented collapsible neck system. Allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds
- Carry-on size. Easily fits in either the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you
- Convenient. Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel
- Wedge design. Gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought
- Dual-action steel truss-rod. Enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style
- Matte-finish low-C profile neck. Super comfortable to play
- Scoop-away™ design. Gives full access to all 20 frets
- Model: OF660M
- Color: black
- Finish: matte
- Materials: Carbon Fiber
- Depth: 3.5"-4.64"
- Body length: 18"
- Total length: 35.5"
- Lower bout width: 12.5"
- Weight: 4.1lbs
- Weight with case: 7.6lbs
- Strings: Elixir® Phosphor-Bronze Lights
- String spacing:
- 2.25 in (>57.2mm)
- Compensated bone saddle
- Fret board
- 16 inch Radius, Carbon Fiber
- Jumbo brass fret wire
- Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
- Deep-slotted bone nut
- Neck width at nut: 1 ¾ in (44.5 mm)
- Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
- Neck Thickness at 1st fret: 0.86 in(21.8mm)
- Neck Thickness at 5th fret:0.91 in(23mm)
- Neck Thickness at 9th fret:0.96 in(24.5mm)
- 14 Frets to body
- 18 Frets total
- Removable neck assembly
- Stainless steel load-bearing components
- Push-button release latch under neck
- Large adjustment knob on back
- Electronics: Included JourneyTek™ under-bridge passive 3-piezo transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp
- Tuners: Grover® 18:1 or Journey 18:1 Locking Tuners
- Bridge: Carbon Fiber, high break-angle
- Scale: 24.5"
- Binding & markings: MOP logo and position markings
- Body design:
- Stylized 00 body shape
- Mid-position offset sound hole for maximum resonance
- Scoopaway™ for access to all 20 frets while maintaining maximum volume
- Beveled back for maximum playing comfort
- Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
- Beveled soundboard armrest for maximum comfort
- Manufacturer's lifetime warranty
- Overhead Collapsible Acoustic Travel Guitar (Black Matte Carbon)
- Custom Travel Case
- Extra Saddle
- Ships to US
- Expected Delivery: Dec 9 - Dec 14
- Returns accepted within 30 days of shipment for orders within the Contiguous US.