The DNA My Dog NextGen Test is designed to determine the biological age of your dog. Genetic or biological age is different than chronological or actual age in that genetic age gives insight into the predicted longevity of your dog from a cellular level. Telomere shortening is involved in all aspects of the aging process on a cellular level. Telomere length represents our genetic age as opposed to our chronological age, and that's what this test will look into.
In addition to determining the genetic age, this test will determine all of the breeds in your dog through a simple, at-home cheek swab. Results include a report on all of the breeds found in your dog's DNA by percentage and a custom results certificate. This test is easy, painless and takes less than 2 minutes with results that have 99.97% accuracy.
Your results include:
- A custom photo certificate of the breed’s found in your dog’s genetic breed composition
- A percentage breakdown of the levels found in your dog’s unique DNA
- A report on dominant breeds, personality traits & health concerns
- Results are available in two weeks or less from receipt of the sample
- This test is ideal for any dog owner who is curious about the breeds in their dog. It is an excellent resource for adopted and rescue dogs, shelters, veterinarians and anyone who wants to learn or confirm the breeds in their dog, as well as the dog's genetic age
- NOT intended for dogs under the age of 1 due to a number of variances
- Resale of this product is prohibited